Sunday 14 November 2010

21 October


Workshop with Nina Sabnani.

The word 'research' somehow puts me to sleep. Even though I like to read, a conscious fact that I am formally researching on my project just freaks me out. However, the workshop wasn't what I had expected it to be (I mean, it was a Research Workshop after all). It was interactive and fun. I realized that each one of us unintentionally follow steps of research in our heads.
She made it interesting enough by sharing her own journey and projects with us. Her main area of research was 'kavad' (a form of storytelling in Rajasthan through the wooden box).


I was very inspired by it. Since I wanted to do something along the same line then, I told her my vague topic of research. On discussing with her, she told me to analyze the art form that I want to study, existing things done in the same area and identify things which are not there. She also suggested that there is a lot of potential.
From vague, I became a little clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment